Life Vision and Passion
Life Vision: Ezekiel 37-The Resurrection of the Dry Bones
A passion to see the worldwide Church reconciled, reformed and renewed for vital Gospel mission to the lost.
- Masters of Divinity, Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, Class of 1997
- Masters work at Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando Campus
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Florida, Class of 1993
- Ordained Deacon: September 6, 1997
- Ordained Priest: March 28, 1998
- Elected Bishop Coadjutor: November 19, 2022
Areas of Strength and Expertise
- Small Group Ministry
- Oversaw a nationally recognized 40 Days of Purpose small group campaign where we saw three times our average Sunday attendance take part in small groups, (60% were not members of our congregation).
- Developed ongoing small group discipleship and adult education programs.
- Have been a coach for the Purpose Driven Ministry and two denominational bodies for building a “good to great” small group ministry.
- Author of the Christian Life Trilogy, a small group curriculum designed to renew the church with the heart of the Gospel.
- Coached hundreds of church leaders and pastors in best practices for small group ministry.
- Preaching and Teaching
- Incorporates expository and narrative preaching styles with the focus on making the Bible come to life for personal application and to discuss the challenges of our day.
- Developed and taught several teaching courses, such as The Book of Revelation, The Story of Job and “Who do you say that I am?”.
- High view of the authority and Divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures: the Word of God written.
- Has developed a teaching website where a person can read and receive instruction on the entire Bible in a Year: The Bible Challenge
- Peacemaking and Reconciliation Ministries
- Led simple and complex mediation involving family, business, marriage, and church conflicts.
- Racial Reconciliation through the Sanford Pastors Connecting following the Trayvon Martin Shooting in Sanford.
- Serve as a Pastoral Consultant to Peacemaker Ministries in Billings, Montana
- Regularly teaches Peacemaking Principles for the Institute of Christian Studies which trains the Deacons of the Diocese of Central Florida
- Missionary Outreach and Evangelism
- Oversees a vibrant ESL program with 150 students from over 40 countries.
- Chairman of the Board for the Guild Shop. The Guild Shop is blessed with over 170 committed volunteers who enrich our community by ministering to our customers and each other.
- Taught and led hundreds of people through the Alpha Course for 20 years. Alpha is a course aimed at leading people into a committed personal relationship with Jesus and the Church.
- Developed staff and creative ministry programs to young children, students and their families.
- Served as the Spiritual Director on 6 Mission trips to Quince de Enero, Honduras where St. Peter’s Episcopal Church and the Mountain of Hope have built a church, school, and medical clinic.
- Worked toward the establishment of three church plants: one in the projects of Sanford, FL and one in the suburbs of Charlotte, NC and a church for expatriated Haitians in Tampa, FL.
- Coordinated a city-wide outreach campaign to adopt Pass Christian, MS for one year after being ravaged by Hurricane Katrina.
- Committed to Christian education through Christian preschools and primary schools. Participated in the planting of Trinity Episcopal School in Charlotte, NC and currently oversee the St. Peter’s Preschool and Kindergarten.
- Past Chair of the Cabinet and MOU Partner in developing an innovative community collaborative called Pathways to Home to address the growing problem of homeless families in Seminole County.
Bishop Coadjutor-Elect, The Episcopal Diocese of Florida, Jacksonville FL (2022 – Present)
Associate Rector of Teaching and Formation, The Church of St. John the Divine, Houston (2017-2022)
- Coordinate Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts
- Launched a world-class Christian Teaching Center with over 850 active participants.
- Oversees the Adult education ministry.
Rector, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church and School, Lake Mary (2001-2017)
- Served a growing congregation and a well-known Christian Preschool and Kindergarten.
Associate Rector, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Charlotte, NC (1997-2001)
- Served as one of four clergy of a large congregation with just under 1000 Average Sunday Attendance.
- Was the “theologian-in-residence” overseeing all education programs and staff for adults, children and youth. 1997-2001
- President of Bible Study Media, Inc.
- Involvement Lake Mary Pastors Alliance, Served as convener of this local ecumenical pastors association for 5 years.
- The Pastor’s Summit, participant in a 3 year study on Pastoral Excellence and Sustaining Fruitful Ministry.
- Seminole County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Pathways to Home, Past Chair of the Community Cabinet, A collaborative community effort to move families from homelessness to self-sufficiency.
- Leadership Seminole, Graduate of Class 19 (2010)
- Peacemaker Ministries, Certified Christian Conciliator and Past Consultant for course development and strategic planning.
- Christian Peacemaking Resources, Inc. Past Board Member
- Instructor for the Institute for Christian Studies
- Diocesan Board
- Congregational Development Commission
Deputy to General Convention (2009, 2012)
- Married to Brooke Egerton Holt
- Three Children
- Hobbies include Gator Football, Fishing & Gardening